Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today I read Spent by Joe Matt. The most interesting part of the comic for me was when he was talking about the parts of his previous comics that he'd embellished for the sake of the story (like the ménage à trois with his ex). For some reason I've always taken autobio comics to be sacred - especially the ones that are particularly self loathing (I guess because at that point we really invest in the honesty, I mean if someone is writing about their piss jar one assumes at that point that all the laundrys been aired). But of course a story teller is going to alter and change things for the sake of a better story, it must be next to impossible for them not to! So how much of the rest of Spent is strictly fact?

On a side note, when you look up ménage à trois on Wikipedia you get this picture.

No comments: